Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Hale Street Gang: Phase 2

In early January, I will hold a workshop for people wanting to start a memoir-writing group that meets outside Randolph village. The Greater Randolph Senior Center serves Braintree, Brookfield, and Randolph Center—in fact, most of the Hale Street Gang drive to the center from outside the village. With winter coming, it seems like a good time to do a little outreach into the more rural parts of our service area.

The photo, by the way, is of my aunt, Ruth Cooley (now Demarest-Godfrey), who drove that little Austin all over central Vermont back when she was an itinerant music teacher in the public school system.

If you've been thinking about joining a memoir-writing group and would like to participate in the January workshop, send me an email and I'll give you the details once I've established a time and place.

You do NOT have to be a senior to join, although the workshop will be designed to attract seniors. As the workshop leader, I will organize participants into small groups (5–7 people is ideal) that will continue to meet once a week for 12 consecutive weeks. There will be a small charge for the initial workshop, which will include some follow-up during the 12-week period.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll make sure you get a follow-up email.

No comments: