Saturday, October 30, 2010

The 10-Minute Memoir: A thank-you note

Thanks to all who attended the writing workshop at the Illsley Library in Middlebury on Friday, October 30. It was the first time I'd led a workshop of that kind, and I was buoyed by the nice turnout, the enthusiasm, and above all, the stories I heard. I want to read them all. To Penny, Maureen, Lydia, Sarah, Kirsten, Melissa, Debi, Allison, and Maya: Keep writing, please, please, please. Remember: You can start a group with 3 people, and you can write in short intervals (even just 10 to 20 minutes) and if you make it a daily habit, you'll be amazed at how much you can accomplish.

If you would like to hear about upcoming workshops, send me your email address (I forgot to bring the guest book yesterday). And if you have feedback about yesterday's workshop, I'd like to hear from you. You can email me at saratucker@aol.com.

Check the blog in a few days, because I'm going to begin a series of posts about the tools of memoir-writing. I'd like to make the blog more interactive, so if you have questions, use the "comments" section below.

1 comment:

David W. Berner said...

Sara,

What a neat idea for a book of memoir! I applaud you and all those who contributed.

Next summer, I am the Writer-in-Residence at the Jack Kerouac Project in Orlando and I hope to be involved with some workshops with the University of Central Florida. Your idea might be a great model to adapt to any age of writer, don't you think?

Again, what a neat idea!

David W. Berner
Author, ACCIDENTAL LESSONS